Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented and collaborative Audio Director to lead, grow, guide, mentor, and advocate for our audio team. The Audio Director will work closely with creative leadership to create soundscapes that bring our game worlds to life.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position located in Seattle, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work.
You are an audiophile, music lover, and gamer. You are passionate about storytelling with audio and ready to inspire your coworkers with sound. You are a highly skilled sound designer with a deep knowledge of the tools of the trade and of every part of the sound design pipeline. From music composition to foley, VO recording and through to the final mix. You enjoy leading a team with a variety of backgrounds and experience sharing a common focus and goal. You bring the know-how and creativity to conceive an audio experience that can evoke a wide range of emotions in players.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard audio hardware and software.
- Experience leading an in-studio audio team on a high-profile game project.
- Proven ability to translate high-level creative direction into discrete tasks for implementation. Ability to manage delivery plans, schedule, and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and strong collaboration skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of recording, editing, creating, and implementing high quality sound effects in a game development environment. Experience with UE4 and Wwise is preferred.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in audio technology and processes.
- Audio programming/technical sound design experience a plus.
- Experience with film/cinematic audio a plus.
- Experience with surround mixing a plus.
- Experience with procedural game dialog a plus.
Required Application Materials
- Resume & demo reel.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the studio under a Work-From-Home mandate, access to a home audio set up is an additional value add, providing greater flexibility to help combat the pandemic.