Hardsuit Labs is looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic gameplay engineer to join a seasoned team. This is an opportunity to work with an expert group of Unreal engineers who have shipped multiple AAA and other high-profile titles on PC and console.
Due to COVID-19, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work.
You enjoy working on fast-paced, multidisciplinary teams, collaborating with artists, designers, and other engineers to build amazing gameplay experiences. You have a track record of open, honest communication across all levels of an organization. You can influence, mentor, and coach your peers. If this sounds like you, apply now to join an outstanding engineering department.
- Collaborate daily with a multi-disciplinary team to build, maintain, and extend our codebase
- Write and maintain production-quality C++ code that follows good coding standards
- Actively seek and provide constructive feedback to peers, team, and project leadership
- Work independently and stay motivated to fix issues discovered through gameplay/QA testing
- Assist in creating realistic work estimates to support team members in achieving project deadlines
- 3+ years professional experience with C or C++
- Degree in computer science, applied math, or real-time interactive simulation
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Experience shipping titles for console/PC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the Unreal UE4 game engine or similar engine experience
- Experience providing realistic estimates of production-quality code
- Working knowledge of 3D math (trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra) as it applies to video games
- Experience working on a personal game project
At this time we are unable to accept third party applications for the position.