Hardsuit Labs is looking for an insightful and adaptable Senior Cinematic Technical Designer to join our growing team. In this role you’ll work primarily with animators implementing their work in cutscenes in Unreal. Additionally, you’ll collaborate across disciplines with artists, designers, and engineers, to create captivating cinematic moments in our games. This is a new position created to support the Cinematics Lead and is a full-time, benefits eligible role based in Seattle, WA.
Due to conditions surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work at this time.
The ideal candidate for this position is a technically minded designer able to work directly with the Cinematic Lead to set up cameras, scripts, animations, and implement cutscenes. You are a highly collaborative interpersonal communicator with a passion for solving problems and unblocking your teammates. You’ll use your knowledge of industry-standard software and eye for animation to collaborate with different disciplines, taking assigned cinematics to completion in the game engine.
- Act as the go to person for technical execution of cinematic animations across the studio.
- Work with engineering to define and collaborate on tools used to create cinematics and help establish technical workflows for in-engine cinematic implementation.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of technical challenges with Blueprints scripts, Sequencer, and proprietary tools.
- Work with external partners who are helping create animations and other cinematic content.
- Contribute to defining, documenting, and iterating on cinematics tools, process, and workflow.
- 3+ years of technical design experience, preferably for video games.
- 1-2 years of experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Blueprints visual scripting
- 1-2 years of experience with cinematics design/animation is preferred.
- Excellent overall communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with motion capture and/or keyframe animation for cinematics.
- Familiarity with Sequencer, Autodesk 3DS Max, MotionBuilder and other industry standard tools.
- Interest in previs/storyboarding, cinematography, composition, etc. in film or games.
- Resume and design or animation portfolio
- Must be willing to complete a design exercise