Hardsuit Labs is looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic Content Designer to join the team working on Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines™ 2. The Content Designer will work closely with Senior and Lead Designers to help create a dynamic world for the player to explore. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position based in Seattle, WA. Due to conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and remote work.
In this role you will work with multi-disciplinary teams to help design, iterate on, and maintain game content. You will coordinate with Level, Narrative, Systems, and Technical Designers, to champion the player experience. You will do this by setting up and managing quests, ensuring the asset placement, interactions, mission logic, and other scripted events contribute to a stable, fun, and immersive environment for the player.
- Own implementation of assigned gameplay missions and scripted events.
- Collaborate with narrative designers to ensure story beats are upheld and enhanced by quest content.
- Place characters, rewards, and other assets in the game world.
- Maintain and improve standard and custom tools to create quest content.
- Assist in maintaining organization of gameplay objects library.
- Create and maintain documentation related to areas of work.
- Strong overall communication and documentation skills.
- Previous experience debugging, implementing, and/or refactoring Blueprints scripts.
- Previous experience designing, building, and populating game levels.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine (UE4).
- 1-2 years of professional game design experience on PC/console titles.
- Familiar with level design principles and practices, visual narration, and player psychology.
- Ability to accurately break down tasks and estimate time required.
Required Application Materials
- Must be willing to complete a design test.