Hardsuit Labs is looking for a thoughtful and communicative Senior Systems Designer to join the team working on Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines™ 2. We are looking for someone who can help drive the systems design team forward as well as champion the start to finish player experience. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position based in Seattle, WA. Due to conditions surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and work.
In this role you will collaborate closely with design leadership and multi-disciplinary teams to create immersive and rewarding gameplay systems. You will be responsible for moving gameplay progression systems from concept through release, working with the Lead Game Designer to ensure that each system aligns with the design vision for the project.
The ideal candidate will bring 5+ years of professional game design experience and an interest in building, growing, and mentoring teams. Previous experience owning, prototyping, iterating on, and implementing player progression systems is preferred. Proven experience documenting, testing, and tuning systems is a must. Previous knowledge of and experience with UE4/Blueprints is desirable but not required.
- Work closely with design leadership to create and implement engaging progression systems.
- Work with product partners and vision holders to prioritize designs to improve the content and functionality of the game.
- Interface regularly with multidisciplinary teams supporting implementation of systems and other gameplay features.
- Own game economies, cash/loot, and player XP systems from concept to release.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team and design department.
- 5+ years of game design experience with at least 2+ years of systems design experience on high profile/commercial title(s).
- Excellent overall communication and documentation skills.
- Proven experience designing and owning player progression systems including skill trees, quest rewards, power upgrades and collectibles.
- Experience owning, iterating, and tuning game economies, cash/loot, XP, and similar resources.
- Proven ability and willingness to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of player psychology and game economics.
- Strong knowledge of Blueprints scripting and UE4 implementation.
- Previous console development experience.
Required Application Materials
- Must be willing to complete a design test.