Hardsuit Labs is looking for a self-motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic gameplay engineer to join a seasoned team working on an unannounced title for PC and consoles. This is an opportunity to work with a successful engineering team on a fast-paced, competitive, co-operative, multiplayer game. The is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Due to COVID-19 all positions at Hardsuit Labs are subject to remote interviews and remote work.
We value diversity, curiosity, and honest, open, communication across all levels of our organization. The ideal candidate will bring 2 or more years of professional C or C++ coding experience to the role. Experience implementing gameplay features in engine is preferred. If this sounds like you, apply now to join an outstanding engineering department.
- Collaborate daily with a multi-disciplinary team to build, maintain, and extend our codebase.
- Write and maintain production-quality C++ code that follows good coding standards.
- Actively seek input and feedback from peers, team, and project leadership.
- Be proactive at fixing issues discovered through gameplay/QA testing.
- Assist engineering leadership in API implementation across entire project team.
- Assist in creating work estimates and support team members in achieving project deadlines.
- Extensive personal experience using C or C++ to solve technological challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Experience with the UE4 game engine.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of 3D math (trigonometry, calculus, linear algebra) as it applies to video games.
- 2+ years professional experience with C or C++.
- Experience working on a personal game project.
- Experience providing realistic estimates of production-quality code.
- Degree in computer science, applied math, or related field.
At this time we are unable to accept third party applications for the position.